Everyone needs a dentist they can rely on, which is why it's important to have someone like Drs. Tyler Sorensen and Diana Silva at Jenkintown Dental Associates who can provide care for the entire family. Read below to learn of some of the services provided by your St Jenkintown, PA, dentists:
Different Dental Procedures:
- Dental Bonding: Generally performed to improve the appearance of a discolored or damaged tooth, this operation consists of your dentist applying an etching solution on the tooth surface before administering composite resin that matches your other teeth. The composite is then molded to the right shape and hardened with a curing light.
- Root Canal: When a cavity is deep enough to infiltrate the enamel, it reaches the nerve-rich layer of pulp, causing pain. Your St. Jenkintown family dentist will need to remove the pulp before cleaning and disinfecting the canal from any remaining bacteria. The canal is then sealed so as to prevent bacteria from entering.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a porcelain cap that reinforces weak teeth or covers up defects such as cracks, dents, and chips. Crowns are especially important for severely decayed teeth that have had portions removed of them.
Here are a few tips to staying healthy:
- Visit your dentist for bi-annual dental appointments
- Eat fruits and vegetables that help avoid cavities
- Avoid eating hard candies and sugary food
- Brush and floss before bed to maintain optimal oral and dental health
- Drink plenty of water to remove food debris
- Use fluoride-containing products, such as toothpaste and mouthwash
Emergency Dental Service
If you have a dental emergency, just like any medical emergency, you need to call your doctor. When faced with dental trauma, such as a knocked out tooth, avoid complications and permanent damage by calling your dentist right away.
For more information on what your family dentist can provide for you, contact Drs. Tyler Sorensen and Diana Silva in St Jenkintown, PA, by calling (215) 886-2401.